Monday 6 August 2012

Fresh Cherry and Oat Shake







I watched the Womens Olympic Marathon last night on TV live from London. It was late and I was in my pyjamas but I was in it for the long haul because as you know, I'm into late night endurance sports. But this morning while I was running on the treadmill at the gym, the TV in front of me replayed the race. There they were, those awesome women again, running - just like me  (actually, they were running much faster and a lot further than me, but I wasn't about to let that get in the way of a perfectly good day-dream). As I watched I imagined I was running with them. I was there in London, pounding the pavement and going for GOLD. I came home and made myself a Fresh Cherry and Oat Shake to celebrate my achievement. After all, it's not every day you win a gold medal.


Fresh Cherry and Oat Shake
Makes 1

1 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
1/4 cup wholegrain oats
1 cup pitted fresh cherries
2 teaspoons lecithin granules
Honey or agave nectar to taste

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve in a tall glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment