Tuesday 16 October 2012

Cappuccino Cookies











When you don't have time for a cappuccino AND cookies, have a cappuccino IN cookies. Or have both and give a double espresso a whole new meaning.



*********************************************************************************
Hey guys,

I'm taking a short break from blogging. But I'll be back in a few weeks with my chocolate and my coffee, my butter and my sugar, my salt and my olive oil and my blogging and my blathering. Because you now I'm obsessed, right?... Obsessed.

Until then, be good... but not too good.

Jen xxx
*********************************************************************************



Cappuccino Cookies
from Joy the Baker
Makes 12

115g unsalted butter, softened
70g brown sugar
70g  granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
170g cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon bi-carbinate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks

Line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, bicarbinate of soda, salt and instant espresso granules.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the butter mixture with a spatula. Add the egg and beat on medium speed until mixture is fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients, all at once to the butter mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Stop the mixer, add the chocolate chunks and fold together with a spatula until well combined. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 45 minutes.

Just before you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.

Scoop cookie dough by the heaping tablespoonful onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for about 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking tray for about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.





14 comments:

  1. Sorry Jen, I put the cookie comment on the ribs.. Just look over me, I was just awakened by a very pregnant dog, jumping on my head, haven't really got my wits about me, lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Leah. I'd be at sixes and sevens if I was wakened by a pregnant dog jumping on my head too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmmmm. Some nice cookies over there :) I did something like that not a long time ago but your recipe is different than mine so I'll have to taste to see the difference!!

    BOUH OUUHH!! I hope everything is alright Jen. I'll wait for you to come back :) I'll be there, no worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gabrielle. These cookies are really good - hard to stop at one... not that I tried very hard :0

    Everything is great Gabrielle, just a little break to spend some time with my family. Thanks so much for asking. I'll miss you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully stacked cookies! Found your blog through browsing photos on SmittenKitchen group on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog has the.most.AMAZING.food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will miss you. Have a great time with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just discovered your blog and you are taking a break ! : ( i am going to make these cookies asap and will let you know how it turns out. Thanks a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cookies! Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Julia. Smitten Kitchen is one of my favourite food blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey shwetajani01. It's only a short break... I promise :) I'll be back next week with more food. I hope you'll check back in with me then, I'd love to know how went with the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious! Fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete