Thursday 5 December 2013

No-Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Tart













Pretty soon I will be up to my elbows in candy canes and Christmas spices, so I thought I'd get a little S'mores fix before gingerbread takes over my life.



No-Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Tart
adapted from The Spiffy Cook

For the Crust:
160g Digestive biscuits (about 10 biscuits), processed to make fine crumbs
45g unsalted butter
100g smooth peanut butter
60g icing sugar

For the Filling:
100g smooth peanut butter
15g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1/2 cup mini white marshmallows
1/2 cup medium white marshmallows

For the Topping:
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cream

Make the Crust:
Melt the peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth. Add the crushed biscuits and mix to combine. Press the mixture into the base of a 36cm x 13cm x 2.5cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. I use a glass that fits inside the tart tin to roll the crust so that it is even. Chill the crust while you make the filling.

Make the Filling:
Melt the peanut butter and the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the icing sugar and stir. Pour the filling over the chilled crust and spread it evenly. Gently press the marshmallows into the peanut butter layer.

Make the Topping:
Put the chocolate chips and cream into a heat-proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, do not let the pan touch the water. Stir it together until the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth, velvety mixture. Pour the topping over the marshmallows. Spread the chocolate over all of the marshmallows. It will be a very thin coating of chocolate and it may not feel like there is enough chocolate, but just keeping spreading and it will cover the entire tart. Leave for about 30 minutes for the chocolate to set before slicing.

10 comments:

  1. This is sooooo me!! And it's no bake! I love gingerbread, but I think I would prefer this over it any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. You and me with the weakness for s'more, oy!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm too good to be true. So simple but yet, I'm sure it's freakin delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple and feakin delicious - two of my favourite things.

      Delete
  3. Looks so decadent and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks really yummy--i like the crust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy tart! Love all the marshmallows and the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Julia. I'm a sucker for marshmallows and chocolate.

      Delete