Friday 18 April 2014

Grilled Corn with Creamy Chipotle Dressing











My Ode to Corn (with a little help from Fatboy Slim)

We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should
                                               - "Praise You" Fatboy Slim



Grilled Corn with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
Serves 6

6 ears of corn, shucked

For the Creamy Chipotle Dressing:
1 chipotle en adobo sauce (with about 1 tablespoon of the sauce)
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Lime wedges to serve
2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped to serve

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and boil the corn for 10 minutes. Drain.

Heat a barbecue grill plate or a grill pan to high. Place the boiled corn onto the hot plate and grill until toasted on all sides. Turn often.

Make the Creamy Chipotle Dressing:
Put all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blitz.

When the corn is toasted on all sides, place them on a serving platter, drizzle with Creamy Chipotle Dressing, sprinkle with chopped coriander and an extra squeeze of lime.

11 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Summer treats! This looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. It's pretty much the last hurrah for our corn.

      Delete
  2. I looooooooooove corn. & with a chipotle dressing? How interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, this is my kind of food right here. Just pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri. I love corn too. It's one of my favourite vegetables.

      Delete
  4. You have to praise the maize like you should!!
    We have corn in the fridge. I guess you could say that this is inevitable :)
    Whereabouts do you get your chipotle en adobo from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the maize. I wish I'd thought of that!!!! I get the chipotle en adobo from markets and delis or online. If you can't find it, I've found a great alternative that you can get from Coles supermarket. It's from Alana's Pantry and it's calledSpicy Mexico. Where it says 1 chipotle en adobo, just use 1 or 2 tablespoons of the Spicy Mexico Sauce. It's a really good substitute.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jennifer!

      Delete