Wednesday 17 September 2014

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting












It took me until this post to realise that my favourite wooden spoon is bent. Yes, I have a favourite wooden spoon. That probably makes me a little bit bent too.



Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
Makes 12

For the Cupcakes:
225g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
115g unsalted butter, softened
180g caster sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150m  buttermilk

For the White Chocolate Frosting:
80g white chocolate, melted and cooled
125g unsalted batter, softened
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch salt

Make the Cupcakes:
Preheat the ove to 180C and line a 12-hole cupcake pan with paper liners.

In a bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and then reduce the mixer speed to low and keeping the machine running, add a third of the flour mixture followed by half of the buttermilk. When this is just combined, add another third of flour mixture and the remaining half of buttermilk. Once it is incorporated add the final third of flour and mix until just combined.

Divide the batter evenly among the cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cupcake. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Make the Frosting:
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until pale. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add the icing sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the cooled melted chocolate and beat on medium for a few minutes until fluffy. Add the cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and beat until combined.

Top each cupcake with a swirl of frosting.

6 comments:

  1. I feel you Jen, I have favourite accessories too and when I see a change on them, it's all different! Those cupcakes looks amazing with that cinnamon flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just stopped by to let you know you've been featured today over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. These might be, no these are probably, my perfect cupcake. Snickerdoodle and white chocolate is the ace in the cupcake world's sleeve. Well played Jen, well played :)
    I had to leave my favourite spoon behind at Mum's when I moved out. Technically it's hers I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make the most beautiful cupcakes, love this combination of flavors. Love the big chunk of white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cupcakes! The flavors sound so complementary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I love the idea of Snickerdoodle stuff but I've never made any myself. That might just need to change! As for the bent wooden spoon, it's definitely got character and beauty... just like its owner :) But for the record: I had a favourite too. I had to throw it away as someone put it in a dishwasher and the wood cracked across the middle. So sad.

    ReplyDelete