Tuesday 21 April 2015

Chocolate, Almond, Coconut Granola











Heaven to me is eating breakfast food all day... in my yoga pants... watching HBO. I'm a party animal.


Chocolate, Almond, Coconut Granola
slightly adapted from here

2 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
1 cup dried coconut flakes
1 cup raw almonds
3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
60g dark chocolate chopped (I brought out the big guns and used 85% cacao)

Preheat the oven to 170C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Set aside.

Put the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, sugar and salt into a large bowl and stir to mix.

In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil almond butter and maple syrup over medium-low heat and stir until it becomes smooth. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until everything is evenly coated in the oil-butter mixture.

Spread the mixture evenly out over the two prepared baking trays and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Keep your eye on it, as it can burn easily. The granola will get crispier as it cools.

Let it cool completely on the trays. Add the chopped chocolate and mix. Store in an airtight container.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same party animal as you. I love eating and watching series and my yoga pants. Most of all, I love this granola. It's been such a long time since I made one. This one seems to be perfect because I have everything to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like heaven to me too Jennifer! Curled up in bed with extra blankets a big spoon and some granola with yoghurt and Nashville on Netflix sounds like the best way to spend my Wednesday...as soon as I escape this cubicle ;)
    I love that this has both almond butter and chocolate in the mix. Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete