Monday 30 January 2017

Peanut Butter and Vanilla Granola












Peanut butter and vanilla are magic together and are some of my favourite flavours... Along with chocolate and coffee, but that's a whole other story. 






Peanut Butter and Vanilla Granola
slightly adapted from here

2 cups traditional rolled oats
½ cup peanut butter (I use Mayver's Dark Roasted Peanut Butter.)
¼ cup honey (I use Beechworth Honey - Outback Honey because that's where my mother in law is from... and because it's delicious.) You can also use maple syrup if you want to keep this vegan.
¼ cup coconut oil
4 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use homemade.)
Pinch of sea salt

Preheat the oven to 180°C.  Line a large rimmed baking tray with baking paper.

Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly coat the oats.

Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking tray, right to the edges to that it's about 1cm thick.  Bake for 10 minutes, give it a stir and bake for a further 8 - 10 mintues, or until golden.  Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.

Once cool, break the granola up and store in an airtight jar.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and delicious, love it! It's been ages sinces I made granola, thank you for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I just want to sit at your breakfast table because it looks so divine! Secondly I love how unashamedly peanut buttery this granola is. Like, in your face with PB flavour. My not so awesome storebought stuff is nearly finished, so this weekend I'm filling up the jar with this beauty. No bets on whether it will survive the weekend though ;)

    ReplyDelete