Monday 30 April 2012

Cheesy Roll Ups







I love the cups of hot tea my husband brings to me in bed in the mornings.
I love reading a book in a sunny window.
I love falling asleep reading a book in a sunny window.
I love collecting the warm eggs my hens lay.
I love finishing a 10k run.
I love hearing the Willy Wagtails in the garden.
I love the rose bushes in their second flush of the season.
I love it when my jeans feel loose when I put them on.
I love my new boots.
and I love a snack I can make in 10 minutes flat.


Cheesy Roll Ups
from Elle's Kitchen
Makes 4 x20cm tortillas, cut into 3 pieces each, so 12 pieces total.

250g fresh ricotta
1/3 cup finely diced salami of your choice (I used a mild Sopressa)
1 cup grated cheese (I used a mix of parmesan and mozzarella )
1/3 cup spring onions, thinly sliced (just the green parts)
1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
4x20cm flour tortillas
a bit of oil for cooking

In a bowl, combine the ricotta, salami, grated cheese, spring onions, pizza seasoning and basil. Mix well.

Spread each tortilla with some of the cheese mixture, and get it all the way to edges to help the rolls seal. Roll each one up tightly. Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Not too much, you're not deep frying, just browning the tortilla rolls. Depending on the size of your pan, place one or two rolls in the oil and brown on all sides. This should only take a few minutes for each one. Use tongs and turn the rolls so you brown them all over. Set aside, and finish browning the rolls.

Let them cool slightly before slicing. Slice each roll into 3 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment