Monday 21 July 2014

Carrot Apple and Ginger Muffins - Gluten Free













Last week my kids were disappointed when they didn't get any of these Chocolate Friands with Mocha Fudge Frosting that I made as a gift for a friend. Today I made these Carrot Apple and Ginger Muffins for another friend. I'm really getting this dashing-my-kids-hopes thing down to a fine art.



Carrot Apple and Ginger Muffins - Gluten Free
slightly adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme
Makes 10

105g (3/4 cup) fine brown rice flour
55g  (1/2 cup) ground almonds
80g (1/2 cup) potato flour
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
60ml (1/4 cup) honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger root
1 large carrot, finely grated
1 apple, skin on, coarsely grated
Sliced natural almonds for sprinkling

Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line 10 muffin holes with paper liners

Sift the brown rice four, almonds, potato flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl and stir them together to combine.

In a separate bowl, mix the oil, honey, vanilla, eggs and grated ginger together and pour them into the dry ingredients. Add the carrot and apple and stir until just combined.

Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared paper liners and sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.


12 comments:

  1. I always like a good gluten free muffin choice, I'm going to have to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janette. You can't beat a good muffin.

      Delete
  2. A very delicious carrot cake ! J'adore !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crunch of the almonds on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooove it! Your muffins looks amazing! Full of fruits and veggies, super healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super healthy means we get to eat more, right?

      Delete
  5. For my gluten free tummy? You are too kind :) I can understand your boys getting upset, these looks simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I made a second batch today for my boys. They love me again. :)

      Delete
  6. Stoked you like my recipe! Yours look great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emma. I'm stoked that you like what you see. Thanks for a great recipe.

      Delete